Thursday, October 21, 2010

An October Update


I haven't written in so long! I'm afraid that the busier I get here, the harder it will become to keep up with my blogging. I will do my best, even if that means once a week!

Since I wrote last, I started my German language course. There are 14 of us in the class, including the instructor, and we represent 11 different countries. These include:

Poland (three students come from Poland)
Georgia
Germany (our Professor)
Macedonia
Holland
Bulgaria
Ukraine (two are from Ukraine)
Serbia
China
England
USA (me!)

I was so thrilled when the professor started speaking and I recognized his familiar German accent. Even HE said that he has trouble understanding the Austrian dialect. This made me feel a lot better, too!

So far, the class is very challenging for me. We spend a lot of time discussing politics and economics: two subjects which don't particularly interest me, and which I admittedly don't know much about. I'm really enjoying getting to know everyone in my class, and it's just such a nice change from "Au pair life", which I think I need to keep my sanity!

This past weekend, I recorded seven arias for a demo CD. I've already been to the studio to work on editing with the sound engineer, and I think I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome. Of course, I listen with the most critical ear and already hear things that I need to fix, but I don't think I could ever be COMPLETELY satisfied. At least I'm not discouraged!

The time has come for me to start sending my materials (resume, CD, bio, etc.) to agents and opera companies throughout Europe. I'm going to be pretty busy, and I can't wait. I've always been one who thrives on a busy schedule, and I've just had too much time on my hands during these last two months!

Unfortunately, I don't have any exciting pictures to post this time. I'm heading to Salzburg with the family again on Sunday, as it's a Holiday weekend here in Austria. Tuesday is National Day, so I'll be sure to let you know how the Austrians celebrate. :)


Oh wait...I found a picture!


I asked Emilia last week if she'd be dressing up for Halloween. She didn't say anything, just ran upstairs and told me I wasn't allowed to follow. She came down dressed like this. The cutest witch I've ever seen!




1 comment: